This course brings students through the whole fashion garment making process. Students will start from a fashion style and work on the basic block pattern. By adjusting the block pattern, they will be able to make a fashion garment of their size. They will then move to fabric cutting and sewing up. In the process, they will be given chances to add embellishments of their choice.
Upon completion of the course, students will make a garment of a given style from scratch.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand the process of garment making
- Make adjustments to a basic block pattern for a garment of a given style
- Apply fabric cutting skill for garment making
- Apply sewing skill for basic garment making
- Completed CITA 18-hour sewing courses or equivalent
|Date:||1st Class: 22, 29 May, 5,12&19 Jun (Sat)
2nd Class: 19,20,21,22& 23 Jul (Mon- Fri)
|Time:||9:30am – 12:15pm ; 1:45pm – 5:00pm|
|Medium of Instruction:||Chinese|