This programme is a registered public training course under the Reindustrialisation and Technology Training Programme (RTTP). The approved training grant for each eligible trainee is up to HK$1,533. More details: https://rttp.vtc.edu.hk/
The workshop aims to show how digital technologies help in accelerating the sample making process. It brings to the participants an experience of producing a real 3D fashion sample from a 2D sketch in a very short period of time.
This workshop showcases the interplay among different technologies which include the use of virtual 3D software, 2D pattern making software and hardware, body scanner as well as the traditional garment making facilities. It may also cover the application of fabric analyser or digital printer wherever possible.
The workshop is composed of three parts:
- Demonstration of the use of digital technologies
- Practical session of creating virtual fashion sample
- Practical session of making real fashion sample
- Virtual sample making
– Use of body scanner in creating virtual dummy.
– Application of 3D software in creating virtual garment and design.
- Real sample making
– Application of 2D pattern making software and hardware in preparing patterns for making real garment sample.
– Use of physical garment making facilities (like sewing machines) in making the real garment sample in group.
- Can control sewing machine; or
- Completed CITA sewing courses.
|Date :||9 & 10 Dec (Wed & Thu)|
|Time:||9:30am – 12:15pm ; 1:45pm – 5:00pm|
|Language:||Cantonese with English handouts|
|Target Student:||Clothing industry practitioners e.g. Pattern designer, Fashion designer, Technical personnel|
|Remarks:||Limited to 14 students on a first-come-first-served basis.
However, the Authority reserves the right to reject applications, and in which case, the tuition fee will be refunded in full.