The workshop aims to show how digital technologies help in accelerating the sample making process. It brings to the participants an experience of producing a real 3D fashion sample from a 2D sketch in a very short period of time.
This workshop showcases the interplays among different technologies which include the use of fabric analyser, pattern making software, pattern digitizer and plotter, virtual garment software, body scanner as well as the traditional garment making facilities.
Throughout the process, they will get to know the availability and uses of different digital technologies in shortening the cycle time.
The workshop is composed of three parts:
- Demonstration of the use of digital technologies
- Practical session of creating virtual fashion sample
- Practical session of making real fashion sample
- 3D software application
- Apply 3D software in creating virtual fashion design
- Prepare paper pattern
- Prepare garment pieces
- Garment stitching-up workflow (Group Project)
- Can control sewing machine; or
- Completed CITA sewing courses.
|Date :||28 & 29 Sep (Mon & Tue)|
|Time:||9:30am – 12:15pm ; 1:45pm -5:00pm|
|Language:||Cantonese with English handouts|
|Target Student:||Pattern designer, Fashion designer, Technical personnel or those who are interested|
|Remarks:||Limited to 14 students on a first-come-first-served basis.
However, the Authority reserves the right to reject applications, and in which case, the tuition fee will be refunded in full.