Course Fee : HK$5,600. Subject to approval by RTTP, it may apply up to HK$3,733 subsidy. More details: https://rttp.vtc.edu.hk/
3D technology has emerged to be a vital investment among Hong Kong fashion companies. While the application in virtual prototyping is becoming common in the industry, the 3D fashion design software may work with other digital tools in bringing the use of 3D technology a way forward into the supply chain in areas like sales and marketing.
Digital marketing is the promotion of goods and services in the form of digital content through digital channels like social media and websites. The recent development of 3D CADs and VR tools provides a good means to create realistic virtual images with interesting visual effects which can help to push the concept out to the market effectively.
This course is for students who have got knowledge in 3D fashion CAD and would like to make use of the 3D garment assets for sales and marketing. (This is not a 3D Fashion CAD course)
This course aims to equip students with the basic skill set in applying the digital tools available in the market to create and present photorealistic virtual images in a setting for sales and marketing purposes.
It covers the use of Blender, 3DVista and Insta360 in creating 3D objects, image scenes and virtual tours. Students learn to enhance 3D garments by applying textures and presenting them in an interactive showroom.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to :
- Understand the use of virtual images in digital fashion sales and marketing
- Use applications in creating photorealistic virtual images for presenting fashion products
- Use applications in creating virtual showroom
Delivering through lectures, demonstrations and practice, the course is designed to be interactive and creative. Students learn how to apply Blender, Insta360 and 3Dvista for creating interactive virtual fashion showroom to achieve sales and marketing purpose. Self-study sessions are incorporated into the course allowing students to use CITA facilities on projects and assignments.
- Virtual imagery and digital marketing of fashion and textile products
- Software for creating virtual imagery
- Creation of virtual imagery (textile products -fabrics)
- Creation of virtual imagery (textile products – home textiles)
- Creation of virtual imagery (fashion garments)
- Creation of virtual imagery (showroom setting)
- Introduction to Digital reality: VR and AR
- Creation of a virtual tour (3Dvista and Blender)
- Creation of a virtual tour (Insta360 Studio)
- Application of 3D technology in digital marketing: Case studies
|Date :||(Lecture & consultation) 31 May, 7, 14, 21, 28 Jun, 12, 19 July & 2, 9 August 2023
(Self-practice) 5, 26 July 2023
|Time:||(Lecture & consultation) 7:00pm – 10:00pm
(Self-practice) 7:00pm – 10:00pm
|Language:||Cantonese with English handouts|
|Target Student:||Pattern designer, Fashion designer, Technical personnel or those who are interested|
|Registration:||Mr. Chen / 22636386|
|Programme:||Katrina Wong / 22636323|