Activity-based Carbon Footprint Modeling (ACFM) is a customized computer database system to dissert all carbon footprint generating activities into constituent modules, and to analyze and report carbon footprints of the most sought intimate apparel products. Significant carbon reduction opportunities can be identified for the development of low carbon competitive advantages. This innovative and practical approach will allow maximal flexibility and cost effectiveness in carbon footprint disclosure that fits the characteristics and demand of today’s intimate apparel industry.
The system widely covers 10 common production modes of the intimate apparel industry. Assisted by a comprehensive user guide; one could effectively manage carbon emission of each production activity.
- Fabric Knitting/ Weaving
- Narrow Fabrics Manufacturing
- Fiberfil Manufacturing
- Fabric Dyeing & Finishing
- Fabric Printing & Finishing
- PU/ Fabric Moulding
- Hook & Eye Tapes Manufacturing
- Wire Manufacturing
- Ring & Slide Manufacturing
- Garment Manufacturing
ACFM was developed in response to the need of the intimate apparel industry by professional system analysts and programmers. Comparing with Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) approach, ACFM possesses the advantages of simple, user-friendly, maximal flexibility and cost effectiveness in carbon footprint disclosure that fits the demand of the industry today. It is an innovative and unique methodology that dissected all carbon footprint generating activity of manufacturing process into constituent modules, and then to model, gather, analyze and disclose their activity-based carbon footprints.
- In alignment with government regulations of carbon reduction, users can understand better about energy consumption in each production activity and carbon emission performance in their companies and factories.
- According to reports generated from the software, users can set policies for reducing energy and emission in all production activities of their companies and factories, resulting in a better cost control and corporate efficiency.
- Comparing with Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) approach, ACFM possesses the advantages of simple, user-friendly, maximal flexibility and cost effectiveness in carbon footprint calculation.
- Users can compare the performance and distribution of carbon footprint in different orders or styles.
- Users can compare and record the carbon footprint in different months, so as to enhance competitive advantage by observing the trend.
- To provide opportunity to reduce carbon emission of the entire supply chain.
A Research Project of The Hong Kong Research Institute of Textiles and Apparel
Research Institution: Clothing Industry Training Authority
Contact Person : Ms. Kit Li
Tel: 2263 6342