It equips students with basic sewing skills for garment construction
- Fundamental knowledge in clothing manufacturing
- Machinery, tools and equipment. Stitches and seams.
- Basic sewing quality requirements
- Sewing techniques development
- Methods in controlling different types of sewing machines
- Sewing of parts, such as different types of darts, pockets, curve line binding, zip-openings, sleeves attachment, collar attachment, etc.
- Application of work aids and attachment
|Time||7:00pm – 9:30pm|
|Validity Period||10 years|
|Medium of Instruction||Chinese (supplemented with English teaching materials)|
|Remarks||The course will be held from 1 Nov 2019 to 17 Jan 2020 (every Friday). No class on 15 Nov & 27 Dec 2019.|