The Clothing Industry Training Authority (CITA) was established by statute in 1975 according to the Industry Training (Clothing Industry) Ordinance. Our mission is to assist the Hong Kong clothing industry to enhance its global competitiveness through effective training and incubating management and technical professionals.
With nearly 40 years of experience in providing vocational training to the clothing industry, CITA has been adopting an industry-led approach to cope with the training needs in the ever-changing global environment. In supporting the new challenges facing the clothing industry, CITA has to enhance its capacity by continuously recruiting quality staff.
We are now inviting professionals to join our team with the following requirements:
CAD Specialist / Technician
- Assist in establishing 3D CAD Lab;
- Develop virtual fashion sample;
- Support designers in 2D / 3D CAD application;
- Develop and provide training on CAD application;
- Lead and conduct pattern making and CAD-related projects.
- Relevant background in pattern making and CAD / CAM application e.g. Gerber, Lectra, AutoCAD;
- Qualification in product design, fashion design, textiles and clothing or related fields;
- Strong in adopting 3D software in making virtual sample;
- Good communication skills in both Chinese and English;
- Good team player and able to meet deadlines;
- Technical knowledge of fashion and clothing (e.g. pattern making, sewing, production) is an advantage.
We are looking for part time lecturers in the following areas:
- Apparel construction and production
- Textile chemistry
- Computer aided design and pattern making
- Course planning
- Development of teaching and learning materials
- Course delivery and assessment
- A relevant qualification
- More than 10 years of working experience in related area
- Teaching experience (an advantage)
- Passion to share knowledge and skills
Terms of Appointment
The information provided will only be used for consideration of your application. Applicants not invited for interview within one month may consider their applications unsuccessful and the applications will be retained by the Authority for a maximum period of six months.