Programme Code: FHDFASH
Teaching and practical training
The programme aims to foster a creative mindset and equip students with technical competencies for the creation of fashion-related products. Through the digital approach of fashion design and creation, students will be able to learn and practice skills in:
– Digital pattern making for fashion
– Digital pattern cutting for fashion
– Virtual fashion show
*Selected for the “Study Subsidy Scheme For Designated Professions/ Sectors (SSSDP)”
Upon completion of the programme, participants should be able to :
- Apply various techniques of digital fashion technology in the design and development process;
- Review and analyze the development of global fashion industry, emerging trends and business prospects;
- Develop patterns and prototypes which meet the requirements of digital fashion creation; and
- Present fashion collection and portfolio in a professional manner using digital technology.
- Focuses on the application of digital technology in fashion design and product development.
- Covers three major areas: (1) Design conceptualization; (2) Fashion design process; and (3) Fashion product development.
- Experience sharing by fashion industry practitioners, entrepreneurs and Maker-culture enthusiasts
- Supported by Work-Integrated Learning
Fashion Technology I & II 時裝技術 (一)及(二)
Fashion Product Development 時裝產品開發
Introduction to Digital Fashion Design 數碼時裝設計基礎
Digital Fashion Product Development I & II 數碼時裝產品開發 (一)及(二)
Innovations and Entrepreneurship in Creative Industries 創意產業創意談
Design Thinking and Visual Communication 設計思維與視覺傳意
Creative Industry in East Asia 亞洲的創意產業
Digital Fashion Product Development Studio 數碼時裝產品開發工作室
General Education Course 通識科目
Effective Chinese Communication Skills 應用中文傳意技巧
English for Communication I, II & III 英語溝通技巧 (一)、(二)及(三)
IT and Digital Literacy 電腦及數位素養
Digital Fashion Design Portfolio 數碼時裝設計作品
Gaining the Most from your Work-integrated Learning 從實習中成長
Work-integrated Learning in Fashion^ 時裝設計工作綜合實習^
 Students who have attained Level 3 or above in DSE English Language can be exempted from taking English for Communication I.
 Non-Chinese speaking students can be exempted from taking Effective Chinese Communication Skills. They will have to take a GE course as replacement for fulfilment of the overall credits for graduation.
^ Course includes not less than 90 practicum hours
Applicants are normally required to meet one of the following requirements:
- Level 2 in 5 HKDSE subjects (including English Language and Chinese Language)^; or
- Satisfactory completion of Diploma Yi Jin; or
- Satisfactory completion of a QF Level 3 Diploma or an equivalent programme, e.g. Diploma of Foundation Studies awarded by Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (IVE) or by a post-secondary institution in Hong Kong; or
- Other acceptable equivalent qualifications (including non-local qualifications obtained in or outside HK, or other qualifications/experience deemed to be equivalent); or
- Mature applicants aged 21 or above, preferably with relevant working experience.
^ Applicants possessing “Attained”, “Attained with Distinction (I)” and “Attained with Distinction (II)” results in an Applied Learning (ApL) subject are deemed to have attained “Level 2”, “Level 3” and “Level 4” respectively in one HKDSE subject, with a maximum of two ApL subjects can be counted for admission purpose.
Graduates are eligible to apply for:
Year 3 of Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Scheme in Fashion and Textiles offered by the Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Year 2 of Bachelor of Fine Arts (Honours) in Cinematic Design and Photographic Digital Art offered by OUHK
Graduates may pursue a career as junior fashion designer, fashion product developer, 3D fashion designer, digital fashion technologist or fashion graphic designer.