Pattern making and sewing are two key processes in making a garment. Pattern making is to construct pattern pieces in accordance with the components that form a style of garment to fit a particular dress form. Fabric is cut based on the pattern pieces for sewing.
This is a beginner course introducing the basic concept of pattern making and skills in constructing basic pattern blocks.
- Pattern making tools and supplies
- Pattern making terminology
- Body measurements and size chart
- Constructing basic blocks: shirt and skirt
- Constructing fabric mockup
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Make proper use of pattern making tools, supplies and terminology
- Take body measurements for pattern making purpose
- Construct basic pattern blocks
- Determine the garment appearance from pattern pieces
|Date:||20,21 & 22 Oct (Wed to Fri)|
|Time:||9:30am – 12:15pm ; 1:45pm – 5:00pm|
|Max. class size:||12 students|
|Medium of Instruction:||Chinese|